Thursday, November 24, 2005
You are an atheist evolutionist. You do not believe
that anything supernatural is required to
explain any aspect of creation.
What Type of Evolutionist/Creationist Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Not quite how I really feel, but I do admire Chuck Darwin quite a bit.
I wonder how he would feel about my calling him Chuck?
Saturday, November 19, 2005
102. Because not many people like it
103. I tend to be lazy
104. I love the desert
105. Especially how it smells after a rain
106. I have bottled up that smell
107. I love coffee
108. I tell people it is against the law for me not to love it
109. I love science
110. I hate talking about my views in politics
111. Because people get so heated
112. It is just politics
113. I still like people, even if their view is different form mine
114. I am not sure this is always reciprocated
115. I am very middle of the road.
116. I admire Goldwater
117. I am often confused for a bleeding heart liberal
118. But never for a member of the VRWC
119. I don't think I fit into either mold
120. I feel very exposed letting people know this about me
121. I think I have rose colored glasses when it comes to life
122. I don't think it is a bad thing
123. I try not to let new experiences pass me by
124. But I manage to let them slip past anyway
125. I am very paranoid about how others perceive me
126. And I hate this about me
127. I cry at the drop of a hat
128. I think that this is a good thing
129. People tease me all the time about it
130. I find that very hurtful
131. I like being naked
132. But I am not a nudist
133. I want another baby
134. I want a girl so that my mitochondrial DNA gets passed
135. I don't know why I want this
136. I wish that did not sound so weird
137. I have a tattoo
138. It is of a bird on my mother's family crest
139. It is of a jackdaw
140. It has no feet - meaning that they can never land and are always traveling
141. I felt that applied to my life
142. I was inspired to get it after reading about Ta Moko and it being a way to identify kin.
143. I think kinship is very important
144. But it is hard to maintain kinship ties
145. I think it is worth it, and I wish more people did too
146. I love Pepsi
147. Not Coke
148. I consider CBS News Sunday Morning to be a guilty TV pleasure...
149. I hate moving
150. I am an Ecuadorian hula hoop champion
151. I have only ever won food items in raffles (all of them cakes)
152. I think the world is going to fast
153. I have thought this since I was six
154. I envy people who can write poetry (well)
155. I find my long ago previous attempts were cheesy
156. I like being cold
157. I hate the snow
158. And I love living in a desert
159. I want to write a book
160. But I am not ready to yet
161. I love taking pictures of my son.
162. I love my husband dearly
163. He is a moral man
164. I love this best about him
165. I think people can be very cruel
166. I don't know why this is
167. People often bewilder me
168. So much so that I often dream of being a hermit
169. I tend to have really high expectations of people
170. So I am often disappointed
171. I try to remind myself that in the long run most of that is not that important
172. I love to cook
173. But my husband is better
174. And this intimidates me greatly
175. I often have a sink full of dishes
176. Even though I have an automatic dishwasher
177. I read every day
178. I read because I think I need to
179. I don't think I am all that smart
180. But people tell me I am
181. I don't know why I can't believe them.
182. I practice mindfulness based stress reduction
183. It helps me get over myself
184. I really need to do it more often.
185. I am often a follower
186. But people tell me I am a leader
187. I envy people that can pick themselves up when they hit bottom
188. Because I worry it will happen to me
189. And I won't be able to
190. I hate that I worry about things so much
191. I don't feel like I have a "home" to go back to
192. Because it is spread over thousands and thousands of miles.
193. I wish that I had a fairy godmother
194. I wish I were more able to take risks
195. I am terrified of knives
196. Someone told me once it is probably related to watching my father bullfight
197. I wish I took better care of myself
198. I removed many things I wrote on this list
199. Having them out there made me feel REALLY vulnerable
200. I still feel vulnerable after this list.
Friday, November 18, 2005
Anyway, about those long lost forgotten loves, I will never forget this one... but I am soooooo glad I am married to the man I am as he is honest and somehow manages to complete me in ways I never thought possible. Schatz, if you ever find this and read it.... know that I love you with my whole entire heart and that I am so grateful that I could bear you our lovely and delightful son and that I would never leave you to go back to this man.
You're a Cheetah!
You are fast. Really fast. So fast, in fact, that many people may never see you as you pass them by. You definitely have your soft spots, or maybe just a lot of spots in general. You'd like to think of them as freckles. When others say your name very quickly, you think they're accusing you of something.
Take the Animal Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Friday, November 11, 2005
A - Age you moved away from home: 2, at least that is when we moved away from Colombia. As far as when I was an adult. 18 for a short time, then again at 21.
B - First Boyfriend’s name: Manuel (everyone else calls him Damian)
C - Chore You Hate: Cleaning, unpacking, cleaning, putting things away, cleaning, teh dishes, cleaning
D - Dad’s Name: James
E - Essential Make-Up Item: mascara IFF I wear anything
F - Fave Actress: Audrey and Kathrine
G - Gold or Silver: both
H - Heritage: Mutt. Scottish, English, Irish, American Indian (Cherokee), German, Colombian, Ecuadorean.
I - Instruments You Play: recorder
J - Job Title: mom
K - Kids: 1 Squink
L - Living Arrangements: house
M - Mom’s Name: Kathryn
N - Number of TV’s in your house: One
O - Overnight Hospital Stays: Three stays; 1) 14 days with Pneumonia, 2&3) 14 nights for my pregnancy (two stays)
P - Phobia: Knives
Q - Quote You Like: These are ancient traditions, it is my duty to preserve them. ~ A Tibetan Monk
R - Religious Affiliations: Presbyterian and Catholic among other influences
S - Stuff You Collect: Globes (as in of the planet earth), ladybug things, junk
T - Time You Wake Up: 6:30 ish
U - Unique Habit: living
V - Vegetable You Refuse to Eat: none
W - Worst Habit: lack of cleaning
X - X-Rays You’ve Had: too many to count
Y - Yummy Food You Make: Pancakes, Thai pizza, food in general
Z - Zodiac Sign: Sag
I tag you and you.
Sunday, November 06, 2005
| You scored as Classical Liberal. You are a classical liberal. You are sceptical about much of the historicity of the Bible, and the most important thing Jesus has done is to set us a good moral example that we are to follow. Doctrines like the trinity and the incarnation are speculative and not really important, and in the face of science and philosophy the surest way we can be certain about God is by our inner awareness of him. Discipleship is expressed by good moral behaviour, but inward religious feeling is most important.|
What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
You are a Tortured Conceptual Artist. Your fellow
postmodernists call you an anachronism, but
you've never cared much about the opinions of
others. After all, most of them are far too
simple-minded to appreciate the nuances of your
work. They talk, while you are part of a lived
What kind of postmodernist are you!?
brought to you by Quizilla
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
You have the Vermeer girl look. A Vermeer girl
appealed mostly to the old masters of the Dutch
school, who painted pictures of everyday life
as they knew it. With her fine, fair skin, she
suited a light, natural, dewy make-up. The
Vermeer Girl loved homely things, such as
homemade soaps and candles. The following
artists would have liked to paint you; Pieter
de Hooch and Jan Vermeer.
'Pretty As A Picture' - Which Artist Would Paint You?
brought to you by Quizilla
And here is the rest of it.